title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converter no longer using multiple cores

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falco98
    • Feb 2009

converter no longer using multiple cores

I use dMC alone among the DB software suite (i find other programs are better at ripping and playing, imho, and they're free). The only reason I upgraded to the later versions from the prior, free, version is that I love the multi-core usage (and how it's visualized).
    But yesterday when I went to use it, the program suddenly seems to no longer utilize multiple cores. Is this an artefact of the "free trial" expiring, or some bug? The only thing that has changed is that I had to uninstall and reinstall to get the right-click "convert to..." links to start working, as I suppose I may not have fully uninstalled the original version properly when I first installed the new one. The right-click command works now, but... no dual-core usage apparently.

Any help? TIA
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converter no longer using multiple cores

Check your version in dBpoweramp Configuration, 'dBpoweramp Reference' is required for multi-cpu encoding.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Swansonc
      • Feb 2009

I am having a similar problem. I am a registered user of dbpoweramp reference.

I have been converting fairly large volume of FLAC to mp3 and noticed today that only one cpu is working. The other 3 are showing but seem to be stuck in songs without any use of the cpu's. It did show conversion on all cpu when I started this process.

Also, when I tried to go back into the batch converter it now shows the folders but does no recognize or show the flac files in them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

How many songs are you converting at a time? Another user mentioned when you convert a large (few thousand) songs in one batch, it stops at some point.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Multi-core should never stop if it started at the beginning of a batch. Check your registration status.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Swansonc
            • Feb 2009

I am registered. I reinstalled everything and re registered this morning. Batch converter see's my files but does not recognise or see any of the songs in them, mp3 or flac.

All the music is stored on a ReadyNas.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try copying some files local, does it work then?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>