title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wave files 1411kbps vs 705kbps

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trnhockey
    • Jan 2009

Wave files 1411kbps vs 705kbps

I collect old time radio shows and transfer them from old reel to reels to wave files (1411kbps). This needless to say takes up alot of hard drive space. The shows were all recorded originally in mono so I've been overkilling saving them at 1411kbps. Anyway, someone told me I should save them as wave files 705kbps (still lossless) so I will from now on. I also tried your music convertor and it converts all my files from 1411 to 705 well. Is there anyway to line in record to db poweramp at 705 wave to avoid converting from 1411 to 705kbps?

Secondly, when I make a copy to transfer to disk my usual procedure has always been to use musicmatch software and then musicmatch DFX 8 effect to "clean" up the shows. However when I do this it means converting from 1411kbps (wave) to 320kbps (mp3) before transferring them to cd rom. I know I'm losing alot of the original recording when I do this!

Is there anyway of taking my new 705kbps wave files, editing them and cleaning them with something (DFX maybe) and still keeping them at 705 wave size following the conversion? Thanks.
  • trnhockey
    • Jan 2009

Re: Wave files 1411kbps vs 705kbps

I'm sorry if the above was confusing. I'm just wondering, is there anything like musicmatch DFX that can "clean up" mono 705kbps wave recordings and result in the finished converted wave file a 705 kbps or 1411 kbps stereo?

With my current DFX and Musicmatch software the end product has to be a mp3 file.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Wave files 1411kbps vs 705kbps

If you record in mono it should be 705kbps.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>