title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4a Utilities on Windows 7 delete m4b files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NetSoerfer
    • Dec 2005

m4a Utilities on Windows 7 delete m4b files

I just tried to use the mp4 optimizer plugin on an m4b file, and the file just vanished. (Luckily I just tried to optimize one file.)

I'm sure this doesn't happen with all m4b files on all systems, but I tried with (a copy of) a second m4b, and it happened again.

Okay, here's the details. I'm running [color=blue]dMC Reference R13.1[/color] with [color=blue]m4a Utilities R1[/color] and [color=blue]m4a R8[/color] on [color=blue]Windows 7 "Beta 1" Build 7000[/color].

I realize that most developers don't support Beta software, and that's not what I'm asking. I just want to notify you of this problem, so you can look into it whenever you feel the time is right.

All m4b files I tried to convert had chapter information. They were created in two ways:
    1. by using MarkAble 2 and iTunes v8
    2. by using dMC for ripping and iPod AudioBook Converter for converting multiple wave files to one chapterized m4b file.

I will subscribe to this thread, so if you need any more information, please let me know.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: m4a Utilities on Windows 7 delete m4b files

Did you install the m4b codec too?

I tested this with a file I encoded to m4b with dMC (no chapters) then optimized it with no problems in a virtual machine running the Windows 7 beta.

Comment

• NetSoerfer
      • Dec 2005

Yes, I installed both the m4b and the m4a codec. Maybe it's the chapters.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try using dMC to run a "Test Conversion" on the files. You can do this by telling dMC to convert the files, then picking "Test Conversion" as the codec choice. See if you get any errors.

Comment

• NetSoerfer
          • Dec 2005

Just did that, no errors. Test conversion worked fine.

Comment

Working...

]]>