title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conversion Errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evillian
    • Jan 2009

Conversion Errors

Hello!

I'm using dbPoweramp to convert my complete FLAC library to Apple lossless files. Some of the files won't convert due to an error. These errors leave 1KB m4a files. I tried again and the error message is:

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'file A.flac' to 'fileB.m4a'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File 'file A.flac''

Anyone know what this could mean? Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Conversion Errors

Normally it means the flac file is corrupted (it looks for hte flac header, when it cannot find it then reading cannot take place).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jpeshek
      • Jan 2009

I get an error converting a file from .APE to any other format (including test conversion), yet this file will play in windows media player. There are 10 other songs that convert just fine, here is the error:

"Error converting to Test Conversion, 'Z:\my docs bu\My Music\Dave Matthews Band\Busted Stuff\10-Big-Eyed Fish.ape' to 'Z:\my docs bu\My Music\Dave Matthews Band\Busted Stuff\10-Big-Eyed Fish.IGNORE'
      Error: Invalid checksum [clDecoder::DecodeBlock]
      Error cannot decode data, audio file corrupt? [clDecoder::DecodeBlock]"

What I don't understand is, if the file is corrupt, then why does it play? Any thoughts?

Comment

• jpeshek
        • Jan 2009

A follow up; I used Nero to mount all of the .APE files into an audio cd .NRG image, then used DBPoweramp to re-rip into Monkey's Audio, then rip again into .MP3's, which worked perfectly; however, there is a very small "skip" or "blank spot" right at the point where the error occurred previously. So apparently the encode couldn't continue because of the file corruption, but it wasn't severe enough to prevent playing or burning.

Comment

Working...

]]>