title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble with pc restart in the mid of encoding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satarius
    • Jan 2009

Trouble with pc restart in the mid of encoding

Hello again;

i've got a problem bout the converter that is: it FORCES me to use 2x CPUs but i have only 1 CPU ^^ and my guess is my CPU cant resist the over heat in this conversion and stops itself.. it happened so many times, i tried to reset dmc and reinstall but still it damn forces me to use 2x CPU. it didnt do when i first reCoded my archive but now it does. any help?
    oh btw dont come telling me i force the CPU with DPS effects my effects are empty.
    the main problem is now: Restart of the pc in the middle of the conversion.. yes what do you think about that?

cheerz..
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Trouble with pc restart in the mid of encoding

What CPU do you have? Try using the utility codec [Multi-Encoder] and uncheck the "Multi-CPU" checkbox to force single-CPU or use the "Force Multi-CPU" and only pick the first CPU.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>and my guess is my CPU cant resist the over heat in this conversion and stops itself

Every computer design should work at 100% for many hours. There is also the DSP effect 'CPU Throttle' to use less CPU resources than 100%.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Satarius
        • Jan 2009

ahh.. cpu throttle worked but it kept slower and slower, then i think the multi encoder thing is pretty nice.. although the box is so small that is hard to.. see a little. altogether i managed with your help to get the same encoding style once again..[Multi-Encoder] worked! tyvm guys! =)

Comment

Working...

]]>