title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter not seeing multiple processors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dltF90
    • Jan 2009

Batch Converter not seeing multiple processors

I really liked dBPowerAmp as it did what no other app would do for me, large scale batch conversions. I especially liked the fact that it made full use of my 3.6ghz quad core.

So, I registered the application. I uninstalled the trial version, rebooted, installed the registered version, and began another batch conversion. However, I can't get the batch converter to recognize my quad core and only converts in a single threaded / single cpu mode.

What do I need to do to get dBPowerAmp to encoded in a multi-threaded manner?
  • dltF90
    • Jan 2009

Re: Batch Converter not seeing multiple processors

Uh oh, another problem. Now the Output Location option for "Dynamic" is grayed out and I can't change anything. Since I downloaded the installer, the version I am having problems with is release 13.1, if that helps.

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Most likely you didn't purchase the Reference version, which includes both features.

-brendan

Comment

• dltF90
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by bhoar
        Most likely you didn't purchase the Reference version, which includes both features.
        Please tell me where that is stated in the purchasing language because I sure can't find it anywhere. To me, this is a bug or a software issue as the previously released trial version worked perfectly.

I could care less for another CD Ripper or Batch Ripper and PerfectMeta doesn't do me any good when 70% of my 4,000 cd's are too rare and obscure to be in any online database. That's the only addition I can see to the standard "Power Pack".

dBpoweramp Reference R13

Includes:

1 Year PerfectMeta Access (premium AMG, GD3 & MusicBrainz meta data),
        Power Pack & mp3 License,
        Optional Downloads: CD Writer & Batch Ripper,
        Free Minor Version Upgrades,
        24x7 Support Provided via forum.dbpoweramp.com

Power Pack R13

Includes:

1 Year PerfectMeta Access (premium AMG, GD3 & MusicBrainz meta data),
        Free Minor Version Upgrades,
        24x7 Support Provided via forum.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Also, the download page says the trial is the Reference version:
          Trial: dBpoweramp Reference 21 days full functionality, 30 day PerfectMeta access

Comment

• dltF90
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by LtData
            http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

Also, the download page says the trial is the Reference version:

Well, I guess I'm an idiot. The above link states that I need to pay extra for the multiple cpu capability. That's a really stupid business practice IMHO, but that's how they do it. Oh well, I'll upgrade my registration. :headbang:

However, the second problem of the Dynamic output options not working being hobbled in the standard version is just plain evil licensing. :vmad:
            Last edited by dltF90; January 02, 2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>