title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can dMC preserve folder structure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KimballHouse
    • Dec 2008

How can dMC preserve folder structure?

I have one library of FLAC organized by artist \ album (M: FLAC\ArtistName\AlbumName\Manytracks.flac) and I want to convert a number of artists to MP3 for use in iTunes preserving the folder structure.

Using dMC (Batch Converter?) the files are correctly converted and tagged but the folder structure is not preserved.

Instead the individual tracks are lumped at the bottom of the iTunes music folder. They can be regrouped into artist and album folders, but this is cumbersome for large numbers of artists. iTunes recognizes the songs. The only problem is the file structure is not present when viewed in Windows.

My version of Batch Converter has the 'Dynamic' radio button grayed out and I cannot figure out how to select it.

Thanks in advance for your help with this great product.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How can dMC preserve folder structure?

Dynamic requires the Reference version of dBpoweramp.

Where do you want to write the mp3 files? to:

M:\Mp3\ArtistName\AlbumName\Manytracks.mp3
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HTPCGuy
      • Jan 2009

I too am having difficulty in preserving the folder structure for converted files. I am using Dynamic Folder output with the following settings:

[album artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

I have run the batch converter on 500 or so albums, out of which three had the right (well as I expected) output folder structure. Interestingly enough, these three were the three titles recently ripped.

I have tried to compare the albums that worked from a few that don't and can't see any real difference (all seem to have correct information especially in the "album artist" tag).

The media files are WMA. Were ripped with WMP and have been processed with tunebite (got DRM'ed). I can believe that tunebite might have messed with the tags - but I can not see any differences.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Instead of album artist, use:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Wouldn't one in this instance, rather than pick filenames from tags, pick filenames from filenames?

Comment

Working...

]]>