title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting WMA Lossless to Flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scdb
    • Nov 2008

Converting WMA Lossless to Flac

I recently bought the Logitech Transporter, and I'm planning on using dbpoweramp to rip, and MediaMonkey to manage the library. I am told that Flac files are better to use than the WMA Lossless files I have (because they play natively on the Transporter). Is there ANY advantage to re-ripping my cd's to flac, rather than converting the previously ripped WMA Lossless files directly to flac files? I don't look forward to re-ripping thousands of files, but I also want the quality to be as good as possible.
  • DazBYorks
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2008

Re: Converting WMA Lossless to Flac

Hi,

Lossless, is just that, so the only thing you would gain from re-ripping would be the PerfectMeta metadata.

Edit: I do suppose that, depending on when you ripped, you would be able to know if there were errors with any of the discs.

Daz
    Last edited by DazBYorks; December 20, 2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• scdb
      • Nov 2008

Good point. I copied all the files using Windows Media Player. They sound ok, but I don't now if they have imperfections. Is there a way to verify that, short of actually re-ripping. Does Accurate Rip function in any way for a file that has already been ripped, and is being copied or converted?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

No, AccurateRip currently only works when ripping CDs.

Comment

• Tigerman
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2005

After conversion to flac, you can check if they are accurate with cue tools.

But not all albums are in accurate rip yet.

Comment

Working...

]]>