title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dmc 13.1 wont rip cd's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f_l_a_k
    • Oct 2008

dmc 13.1 wont rip cd's

Hi all,
    I have purchased and installed dmc 13.1 when i try to rip a cd all i get is errors.
    It seams to me that its a communication issue the pc has a Pioneer SATA DVD drive installed and its running Vista Home Premium.
    I remember ages ago about installing a ASPI layer on XP is this the same with Vista ?
    In configuration option's/Communication i have tried= SCSI Pass Through, Windows Internal, ASPI (ahead Nero ) and SCSI pass Through read D8 which seams as though it works but it ripps a disc in 13 seconds at the highest quality settings which seams way to fast and when i try the paly the resulting files there is no sound.
    The drive plays CD's and DVD's fine here is the errors

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 1' to 'D:\Music\ACDC\Black Ice\ACDC - 01 - Rock N Roll Train.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 7696 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 19769) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 2' to 'D:\Music\ACDC\Black Ice\ACDC - 02 - Skies On Fire.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 20107 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 35988) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 3' to 'D:\Music\ACDC\Black Ice\ACDC - 03 - Big Jack.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 38120 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 53923) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 4' to 'D:\Music\ACDC\Black Ice\ACDC - 04 - Anything Goes.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 56107 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 69241) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Thank for any help
    btw love the program
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dmc 13.1 wont rip cd's

D8 would never work on your drive (it is for 7 year old plextors).

Have you tried ripping with say Windows Media Player, is that able to rip a disc?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• f_l_a_k
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      D8 would never work on your drive (it is for 7 year old plextors).

Have you tried ripping with say Windows Media Player, is that able to rip a disc?
      Thx for the reply spoon man

I did try it and no it would not work either, I have installed a IDE DVD Drive and it works fine, Its a bit weird as the other drive will play CD's and DVD's fine.:confused:

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

So neither Windows Internal nor the SCSI Pass-Through (not d8) will read your CDs? Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The drive has a fault (or the drivers on the system).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
            The drive has a fault (or the drivers on the system).
            If you have "chipset" drivers for the SATA controllers installed instead of the more generic microsoft ones, sometimes the chipset drivers aren't compatible with certain methods of IO.

Also, are the SATA controllers set to "AHCI" mode or "Compatible"/"Compatibility" mode (in the BIOS)?

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>