title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

M4P to MP3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoolHandZeke
    • Mar 2008

M4P to MP3?

Anyone know how to convert iTunes protected M4P files to an unprotected format, most likely MP3?

I don't use iTunes, but downloaded a couple cool albums that were only available through that website. The 5 computer limit thing for each song is ridiculous, plus I don't listen to my music with iTunes.

How can I convert these files?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: M4P to MP3?

Note that if you purchased so-called "iTunes Plus" tracks, you get 256kbps unprotected tracks.

Anyway, the easy way is to burn the tracks to an audio CD then rip the CD, typing in the meta-data yourself, most likely.

Comment

• CoolHandZeke
      • Mar 2008

Thanks, LtData.

I'll give that a try.

Comment

• danielle16
        • Oct 2008

CoolHandZeke
        Can you let me know if LtData recommendation worked. I have the same problem as you. I want to convert two files that I purchased from iTunes.
        Thanks

Comment

• CoolHandZeke
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by danielle16
          CoolHandZeke
          Can you let me know if LtData recommendation worked. I have the same problem as you. I want to convert two files that I purchased from iTunes.
          Thanks
          Hey, Danielle. That worked. It took a little while to enter the metadata, though. Oh well...

I really like iTunes Plus!! No protected music downloads!

Comment

Working...

]]>