title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Compilation option on Audio CD input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Compilation option on Audio CD input

When I'm ripping a CD using the Audio CD input program, I would like the name of the artist to appear in the 'artist name' for each track however I would like all the files to be in one "Various Artists" directory on my hard drive. I use the following format "[artist]\[album]\[track number xx]_[artist]_[track]". I can set the information up so that each track has a different artist and the artist name for the CD is Various Artists, however when i rip it, each file goes into a seperate directory under each artists name. The Compilation option just seems to swap the artist and track information.

Am I missing an option or is this just not doable?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Not automatically, under Options >> write to, you could just Compilation on the end of the path.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cydnub
      • Aug 2004

Re: Compilation option on Audio CD input

Sorry to reply to an older thread, but this is exactly what I am looking for as well. The powerpack compilation option does a fine job of setting up the id tags, but when I write out the actual files, I would like to put all various artists into a "Various" directory on the harddrive, and under that write out the album name as the directory. In other words, for all non various artists, I would use:

[artist]\[artist] - [album] - [track number xx] - [track]

and for various artists, I would use:

Various\[album]\[artist] - [album] - [track number xx] - [track]

It is possible to go to the Options window and switch this each time a compilation CD is inserted, but perhaps there can be either a checkbox that I can check, or DBP can figure out by the multiple artists that it is a compilation CD?

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Re: Compilation option on Audio CD input

I will add it to my wish list.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>