title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp ID3 tag field mapping?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • verypsb
    • Jun 2008

dBpoweramp ID3 tag field mapping?

To which tags are dBpoweramps ID3 tags mapped?

some examples:

"Album Artist" = "BAND" = TPE2
    "Compilation Flag" = "ITUNESCOMPILATION" = TCMP

I suspect that dBpoweramp uses non-standard mappings, but I'm not sure.

Best regards,

Dennis.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: dBpoweramp ID3 tag field mapping?

I'm not sure about the other but I can confirm that the COMPILATION Tag is definitely recognised by iTunes.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Band = TPE2 is used by Windows Media Player and iTunes, so is the standard.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Wayne
        I'm not sure about the other but I can confirm that the COMPILATION Tag is definitely recognised by iTunes.
        This is true. But I have a related question. I rip to FLAC, and compilation tag contains a "1". I then encode from FLAC to MP3 (lame) and the compilation tag shows up under ID TAG INFO as a "1". If I import the mp3 file into ITUNES, itunes does recognize the compilation tag. However, within MP3TAG program, the compilation tag in the mp3 is blank and instead the ITUNESCOMPILATION tag has a "1" value. When I bring either the FLAC or mp3 files into squeezecenter, that software recognizes that the songs are from a compilation.
        QUERY. Why am I getting no "compilation" tag for the mp3's in mp3tag? I'll post over at mp3tag forums as well, but thought someone here may know. Doesn't seem to interfere with anything I want to do, however foobar2000 doesn't seem to recognize the COMPILATION tag from dbpoweramp on an mp3(lame) file. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I see that it is true that the compilation id3v2 tag used in dpba now is TCMP (in ver 13 only I believe), which is the itunes compilation tag (and mp3tag recognizes as itunescompilation. So my real issue now is how to make foobar read the TCMP tag. I've answered my own question regarding dbpa and mp3tag, but this may be useful for someone else.
        Last edited by garym; January 18, 2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: clarification with new info

Comment

• SojiOkita
          • Jan 2010

The compilation flag used by dbPowerAmp is the (non standard) iTunes compilation tag.

It's good to have my mp3 works in iTunes, but this tag is not recognized by software like Foobar200 which only recognize standard tags.
          (and there is a compilation tag in id3tag).

Is there a way to have both tags set to 1 when ripping to mp3 or converting to mp3?

I have an mp3rule to do this but I would be better to have perfect mp3 straight out of dbPowerAmp.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I would call the standard the most used, and iTunes outranks foobar by a actor of 1000 (probably)
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SojiOkita
              • Jan 2010

Yes, but the best would be to support both...
              (I hate iTunes to listen to music on my PC, but I need it to manage an ipod touch).

I'm not asking to remove the itunescompilation tag (that I also need... and that most people need) but to have in addition the ability to set the standard compilation tag to 1.
              (the Itunescompilation tag is not really a standard...)

It's quite hard to manage to have a tagging policy that works with every software.
              (I dropped WMP but I still use foobar, iTunes & Logitech Squeezecenter).
              I succeeded in almost everything but this compilation tag.

I know it's a difficult question because Apple won't change and will never stick to standards, and foobar won't change either and seems to make a point of honnor in not supporting non standard Apple tags... and I'm in the middle of this

It seems I just would have to use an mp3tag rule for every converted mp3...
              Last edited by SojiOkita; January 10, 2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>