title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Layer I vs Layer III

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James

Layer I vs Layer III

Very strange problems with dMC tonight. First was the problem with connecting to freedb which was corrected by rebooting.

Now I am getting error messages in MP3Gain and MP3Trackmaker when I try to process files created in dMC.
    MP3Gain reports that the files are MPEG Layer I not Layer III. MP3Trackmaker also says they are not Layer III. It's weird that some tracks ripped from the same CD in the same ripping session are OK but others are not! For example: CD 1 - tracks 4 & 6, CD 2 - just track 9 (last track). Even weirder is that when I right click the files in explorer > properties > ID Tag they all say MPEG I Layer III.

Rebooting the PC did not resolve the problem.

I did read the thread from April about this issue but it just seemed to be an argument about bugs in other progs while it seems to me the prob must be dMC.

I'm running XP Home SP1, AMD 2000+, 256 RAM

Thanks for any insight.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It might be writing an ID3 v2 tag that is confusing the other progams.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• James

Layer I?

I have dMC set at "never create v2"

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not that then...hold the mouse over the file, which mpg layer does dMC say the file is?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>