title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

32 Bit Float IEEE WAV --> OGG

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nigor
    • Jan 2003

32 Bit Float IEEE WAV --> OGG

Ogg supports encoding 32 bit float wavs. Vorbis.dll has no problems with 32 bit float wavs, it fact, 'tis one of the features of Ogg that separates it from the rest. If I try to encode a 32 bit float wav into ogg, the progam will give me an error ' IEEE 32 bit ACM CODEC not found' ... or something. Pls help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

What created that file, you need a system .acm file that can decode those types of files. If you had it the something like 'Sound Recorder' would be able to open those files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nigor
      • Jan 2003

I used HeadAC3he to decode an AC3 file to a 32 bit float wav. I can encode that file to an Ogg format using OggDrop or vorbis-tools found on the vrobis website with no poblem.

In fact, in OggEnc.exe (part of vorbis-tools) documentation it says "OggEnc input files must currently be 16 or 8 bit PCM WAV, AIFF, or AIFF/C files, or 32 bit IEEE floating point WAV. Files may be mono or stereo (or more channels) and any sample rate."

You can run 'Oggenc.exe -h' and see the text for yourserlf.

Also, Sound Forge 6 can produce and edit 32 bit float WAVs.

Comment

Working...

]]>