title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC encoding problems - registered version.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • splitter
    • Aug 2008

FLAC encoding problems - registered version.

Had the trial version, and it handled going from FLAC to MP3 fine, so I upgraded to the registered version, uninstalled the trial version, got the message that I didn't have a FLAC codec installed anymore, so I re-installed FLAC.

Now, I can't covert FLAC files anymore. The program acts like it's converting and doesn't throw up an error message, but finishes the process within a second of when it starts, and the produced file is always 44 bytes long. Going from MP3 to FLAC (I know, I know, just for experiment's sake) works.

What do I do to fix this? Is there a way to uninstall and re-install just the FLAC codec?

Uninstalling, re-booting, and re-installingthe whole program doesn't fix the problem. And if it's any help, I'm on Vista.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC encoding problems - registered version.

Yes, select Start and type:

programs and features

Uninstall just the flac codec, and reinstall the latest version (one from the beta section of this forum is recommended).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kompol
      • Aug 2008

Hi,

I have registered version too and I found that the result of the conversion from FLAC to AAC is not good. In my case, it is very choppy ... I am not sure if I can describe it in a word. But it is not smooth like the original.

What would be the best parameter?

I used: CBR 224 and no forced profile.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try one of the default VBR encodings, also what is playing the file? try converting the .aac (m4a? ) file to wave with dbpoweramp and play the wave, is it choppy?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kompol
          • Aug 2008

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your reply. After I changed to CBR 128, the resulting .m4a is not choppy. I play the file using winamp and my media player TViX.

Even though I prefer more than 128, but it is ok for this case.

I replaced the FLAC inside an MKV by converting it to AAC, because my media player does not support FLAC inside MKV.

I need to use AAC to retain the multi-channel audio.

So, it works fine at the end

Originally posted by Spoon
          Try one of the default VBR encodings, also what is playing the file? try converting the .aac (m4a? ) file to wave with dbpoweramp and play the wave, is it choppy?

Comment

Working...

]]>