title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conversion gives zero size m4a & mp3 files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gubbins
    • Jun 2008

Conversion gives zero size m4a & mp3 files

I installed the trial of dMC r13 and all was fine. However, my pc developed some problems (unrelated to dMC) so I re-imaged my pc (WinXP SP2 with numerous apps installed). I reinstalled the trial but now when I try to convert a music file to m4a or mp3 all I get is a file with a filesize of zero bytes. Converting to flac or wav is fine though.

I've installed the Nero codec ok and tried converting a file to m4a through the comand line and that worked ok.

I'm stumped cos there are no errors reported so I don't know what to begin looking for. I tried swiching off my Comodo firewall. And I've tried a complete uninstall as described here
    ...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

and reinstalled but still the same prob.

Any clues?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Conversion gives zero size m4a & mp3 files

One thing that comes to mind is that the m4a and mp3 conversions are done by .exe's that dMC calls. Look through your firewall options and see if you find something about limiting the ability of programs to launch other programs.

Comment

• gubbins
      • Jun 2008

Re: Conversion gives zero size m4a & mp3 files

Thanks for the pointer. The firewall was indeed the problem. I uninstalled it and dMC worked again. Reinstalled the firewall and dMC is still working :-)

Comment

Working...

]]>