title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert 24bit PCM to 16 bit BWF

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kristolz
    • Jun 2008

Convert 24bit PCM to 16 bit BWF

Hello!

I have made a batch program that by using the coreconverter converts a couple of formats stored in a given folder to BWF 256 48khz stereo with -12dBFS RMS level. We are using it to pull files from a ftp site, convert them and insert them into our automation system.

It works great on all 16 bit content, but when it's presented with a 24 bit pro tools wave file (pcm), it generates half a second of whitenoise at the beginning of the file, and the rest sounds great.

Does any of you have any smart ideas about what might cause the problem? Im currently running the 12.2 reference release.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Convert 24bit PCM to 16 bit BWF

Update to R12.4 and the lastest DSP effects (to make sure it was not something which was fixed).

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kristolz
      • Jun 2008

Done! I uninstalled the old version, and installed the 12.4 version, but it dosen't make any difference. I also tested it on another computer, with the same result: whitenoise.

I've also tested to convert 24 bit files made by Adobe Audition, with the same result. Tried to convert the sourcefile in iTunes and Audition, and it works in both.

Confused:S

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Ok, add a DSP effect 'Bitdepth' and set it to 16 bit. That should work.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>