title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A little problem with dMc and Nero 7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SantiJovi
    • Jun 2008

A little problem with dMc and Nero 7

It happened that after installing the dMc and convert some CD, some functions of Nero began to fail.

For example I had probelmas with DVD playback with Nero Showtime because it was as slow and with sound jumps. It was also very slow burning discs, CDs and DVDs. The strange thing is that I playing with other DVD players without problems.

I tried to reinstall Nero and DMC but nothing improved. So if something like this happened to someone here plese give me a solution.

Thanks.
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: A little problem with dMc and Nero 7

Were the discs scratched? Probably tripped the DMA -> PIO "feature" of Windows...

Spoon et al, As we're all aware, Microsoft's ATA driver has a built in feature to step down the interface speed to ATA/IDE-attached drives moving from the normal speed (usually one of the fastest UDMA speeds, down through slower DMA approaches, down into the slowest PIO approach). The original purpose of this feature was to

-brendan

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I would bet that using dMC in Secure or ultra-secure mode, your CD drive got dropped to PIO mode. I've had it happen to me multiple times.

Comment

• SantiJovi
        • Jun 2008

Problem solved, it was the PIO Mode.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...

]]>