title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Recovering source file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj philthy
    • May 2008

Recovering source file

Is there any way to recover the source file if the delete source option was not checked?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Recovering source file

If it was not checked it would not have been deleted, unless you overwrote it with the file you were converting to.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dj philthy
      • May 2008

Yea I knew that and like an idiot I overwrited the source. DAMN! Is there software out there that i can use somewhat clean the clarity up a little bit at leats?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You might recover 1/4 of the files using an undelete program, it will be slow work to do so.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dj philthy
          • May 2008

What if my recycle bin has been emptied...then you cant recover at all can you?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

The file didn't go to the recycle bin, that is why spoon suggested an undelete program, but it is an iffy chance and would probably be a waste of time.

Comment

• Teknojnky
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2006

there are numerous undelete programs that can attempt to recover deleted files (even out of the recycle).

How well they work is entirely dependent on how much overwriting you've done on the drive.

While painful, I would never trust undeleted files, at least ones that don't have a CRC check (like flac).

Your likely better off re-ripping from cd (assuming they weren't downloaded from somewhere on the internet).

Comment

Working...

]]>