title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

normalization...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CastorTroy
    • Sep 2002

normalization...

Hi,
    I'm a newbie but, what is the different between the 3 kinds of normalizations ("simple...", "adaptive..." & "fixed") ?

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Simple is simple, it works out a multiplication for the whole file.

Adaptive works in smaller chunks of the file, so audio which is loud at the beginning but quieter later on will all go to the same volume.

Fixed is a manual multiplication.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CastorTroy
      • Sep 2002

But I don't really understand : for "Simple Normalization", if music decrease below XX%, the music will increase ? What does the "maw multiply x XX" ?
      For "Fixed Normalization", will the "low" AND the "high" sound will be increase (if >1) or decrease (if <1) and the span level will be the same ? As if we just decided to increase the volume ?

I think I must need some info because I'm very lost... :-(

Sorry for my english, I'm a poor french guy...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I don't think you have to know how it works, just that for most songs 'Standard' is fine. For tracks that do not normalize use 'Adaptive', you can ignore Fixed totally.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CastorTroy
          • Sep 2002

Hi,

I want to use this function only for movie score (DivX), to even sound between explosions and speacks.
          I don't really want to know how does it work, but only how to set it -> What do the % and "max multiply" for "simple..." mean ? The "windows syze..." for "adaptive..." and the multiply coefficient for "fixed...".

Is there any option to increase volume ?

Thanks to you, and excuse me to be so boring.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Leave everything on the default values, except %, increase that to 100%, then if you use adaptive it will be the maximum volume it can get it.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
              I don't think you have to know how it works, just that for most songs 'Standard' is fine.
              erm, you mean "for most songs 'Simple' is fine"? there is no "Standard" in my PSD-Effects Menu...
              ?!??

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Sorry, yes Simple.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>