title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Aux Input and now CD rip problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Jan 2003

Aux Input and now CD rip problems

dMC has always worked fine for converting downloaded MP3s, and I have previously ripped tracks from CDs and converted them perfectly for a new compilation CD.
    However, I tried Auxiliary Input for converting from vinyl, and the MP3s and the converted WAV files both have a terrible "wobble" that makes them unlistenable. I had no illusions that old vinyl would ever sound like CD quality, but this is really worse than listening to them on the original pop'n'click vinyl.
    Recently I tried ripping from CD again and the finished WAV files also have that terrible "wobble" on them, exactly as if they were from the Aux Input.... I am confused what has gone wrong - any suggestions anyone?:(
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Do a Rip with option (from the menu in each program) and make sure no DSP effects are on and your Wave file is 'CD Quality'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• joenavel
      • Jan 2003

I have had pretty good results ripping old LP's to digital using Roxio's Spin Doctor interface. Cleans up some of the pop and hiss. You wind up with a pretty good recording in .wav format which you can then compress to the filetype of your choice with dB.

Good luck!:D

(Hopefully I don't get banned for mentioning someone else's product...:rolleyes: )
      Last edited by joenavel; January 06, 2003, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>