title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA9 encoder crashes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessman1128
    • Apr 2008

WMA9 encoder crashes

Hello. I'm having difficulties using the WMA 9 encoder. It installed fine. When I select "Windows Media Audio 9" in the "Converting to" drop-down box, it crashes with the following error:

The instruction at "0x02432ee5" referenced memory at "0xbba8ffff". The memory could not be "read".

I click OK on that message, and then dBpoweramp just sits there in crashed/frozen mode and I have to kill it through task manager. The error pops up before any of the encoder options appear in the dBpoweramp window, almost as if it's crashing while attempting to retrieve the list of available encoder options.

I'm using dBpoweramp 12.4 on Windows 2000 SP 4.

I've tried uninstalling dBpoweramp, rebooting, running the manual uninstall program that I found in the FAQ section, then reinstalling the program and codecs, and I'm still having the same problem.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

P.S. I can convert from wma without any problems. I just ran a WMA->WAV conversion and it worked fine.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA9 encoder crashes

It sounds like the WMA codecs are corrupted on your system, there is not much you can do (as you cannot uninstall and reinstall WMA, Microsoft did not allow that).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>