title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I need to convert aac to nero m4a and keep album art info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vance43211
    • Apr 2008

I need to convert aac to nero m4a and keep album art info

I reripped my 500 plus cd to aac (the first time they were mp3) and found out that it wasn't compatible with my ipods. I converter them to m4a which made them compatible but incompatible with any player on the computer except media player classic. the music lost their album art too

I found that nero m4a (aac) works with wmp and the ipod. I delete everything and start ripping again. I bought my wife's computer down so I could rip 3 cds at a time (I will copy her files to my computer). I accidentally left my wife computer set to aac. I'm not starting over again

how can I convert it to nero m4a and retain all of the info (esp. album art)
  • vance43211
    • Apr 2008

Re: I need to convert aac to nero m4a and keep album art info

I was just reading the help files. I just reinstalled windows. before i did that, the help files open in notepad with crazy source code and you couldn't read it.

it said that you need to set aac to force LC AAC to make it ipod compatible. how can I do that without losing quality by recoding.

if I check the generate rtp hint in the aac to m4a part, will I keep the album info?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

The help files require Internet Explorer to view them, they are .html, you computer should not be configured to open notepad for .html
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vance43211
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
        The help files require Internet Explorer to view them, they are .html, you computer should not be configured to open notepad for .html

yeah that's fix now. before I was on my own with dbpoweramp. that was one reason I'd reinstalled windows

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

As long as you are using dMC r12, you should retain the album art on a conversion from aac to m4a.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Which program created the .aac files?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vance43211
              • Apr 2008

Which program created the .aac files?
              dbpoweramp. I ripped it with no profile. the first batch that I ripped, I then convert to m4a. I added them to my ipod a lot didn't have album art.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If you hold to mouse over the aac file, on the popup it will say 'Contains: ' is album art listed there?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vance43211
                  • Apr 2008

If you hold to mouse over the aac file, on the popup it will say 'Contains: ' is album art listed there?

the aac files did. I deleted the m4a's so I can't check them. I going to convert the ones on my wife's computer now so I can check them.

Comment

• vance43211
                    • Apr 2008

I posted this in the wrong place

it's showing up on the click now. maybe anapod explorer messed it up. I'll try it again

edit. weird. my wife's computer wmp will play it, but mine don't. I use klite codec pack on both

Edit II. I uninstall klite 3.8.5 (klite 3.5.3 is on my wife's comp) and wmp will now play the file. I can verify album art too.

Comment

Working...

]]>