title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac to MP3 "track#" & "year" tagging problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjay
    • Jan 2008

Flac to MP3 "track#" & "year" tagging problem?

I'm having a problem when I convert my flac files to MP3:

When I hover my mouse over the flac file in says "tracknumber" and "date"....instead of "track" and "year", so when I convert that flac file to mp3 there is no "track" number or "year" in the mp3 tag.
    Did I rip my flacs with the wrong setting or is there a setting for mp3 conversion I'm missing?

btw when I convert the same flac file to mp3 using media monkey the mp3 files shows both year and track.
    I'm hoping this is just some setting because I love this program.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Flac to MP3 "track#" & "year" tagging problem?

I convert from FLAC to mp3 with all my files and don't seem to have the problem you note. However, check your dbpoweramp configuration. Open the configuration program, check the "codecs" tab, then check "advanced options" at the bottom of the screen. In here you can see several items related to all the codecs. Under FLAC, I have the following items set:

vorbis comment mapping #4 - year to date
    vorbis comment mapping #5 - track to tracknumber

In my files, whether I look at the FLAC or mp3, when I hover over the files, I see "track" and "year" being the same in either type of file. I'm not sure this is because of my settings above or something else, but I know that I have identical info in both mp3 and flac files.

Comment

• tjay
      • Jan 2008

Re: Flac to MP3 "track#" & "year" tagging problem?

WOW garym that worked...ohhh man what a relief that is...what's weird is I never touched those settings...

Thank you very much for your help...I thought for a second I might have to re-rip all my cd's to flac again but just changing that setting changed what it says when you hover the mouse over the file and now has the track and year when I convert to mp3.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by tjay; April 13, 2008, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>