title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"edit tag" & "convert to" inactive :-(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe_cool
    • Mar 2008

"edit tag" & "convert to" inactive :-(

i'm an old dbpoweramp-fan. ;o) it's a great programm and i never had problems with it.... since now. :cry:

in my context menue both options are inactive. that means: i CAN choose the music file with the right mouse button, but i CANNOT convert it. nothing happens. the same problem with "edit tag". ich can click on the file with the right mouse button to choose "edit tag" but nothing happens. :-(

i tried several times to uninstall, to clean the registry, to re-install.... no change. :vmad: what's wrong? do you have the same problem? what's the solution for it??????? please HEEEEELP meeeee!!!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "edit tag" & "convert to" inactive :-(

Uninstall, reboot Windows, reinstall.

What are the audio files you are right clicking on?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Version of Windows and dMC? Did you try what Spoon suggested?

Comment

• joe_cool
        • Mar 2008

yes i did.... several times. the audio files i tried: different files.... mp3, wave, midi, ogg and so on. it makes no difference. my system is win xp with sp3 (could THIS be the troublemaker????) and i use the latest version of dbpoweramp (R12.4... NOT R13).

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is possible you have too many shell extensions installed, Windows will only show the first few.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• joe_cool
            • Mar 2008

to "show" is not the problem, to EXECUTE is the problem. in the context menue there ARE "convert to" and "edit tag". but if i want to use them nothing happens. i wrote that all in my first description. i CAN CHOOSE each of the options, they are definitely in the menue but NOTHING HAPPENS if i use them. absolutely nothing! :-(

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

I might suggest you check the location of the file dBShell.dll to make sure it is in the same folder as dMC r12.4. Also, do you have dB Audio Player, Sveta or CD Writer r2 installed to the same folder as dMC r12.4? Could you have any Legacy Codecs installed in this folder? If you open dBpoweramp Configuration, do your right-click options show as being activated?

You might try (if you haven't already) uninstalling dMC, running the application here to clean the registry entries from: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285, re-booting and then re-installing. Read the FAQ closely as this will affect AMG access if that is important to you.

Best wishes,
              Bill

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Which Windows version do you have?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

He had said XP with SP3.

Comment

• joe_cool
                    • Mar 2008

hi xoas/BILL!

dBShell.dll IS in the same folder. sveta, CDwriter and audio player are NOT installed because i don't need them. i use another player and burning software (winamp, nero). several original codecs from the illustrate website are installed. right-click options ARE activated. i tried it with dBpoweramp-Reset.exe too.

i don't have any ideas any more what i could do. i don't think we can eliminate the problem. :cry: but thank you all very much for your help. :komisch12

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

When did the problem happen? was it working before sp3? you can try R13 alpha, it will update dbshell.dll to the r13 version, who knows, might just work.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>