title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rio500 Time Stamp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fast_elder
    • Dec 2002

Rio500 Time Stamp

I loaded my rio 500 today with a bunch of songs to play in my car. When I plugged it in to the cassette adapter, it kept racing through the song list and would not play anything. The elapsed time reads 12:15 and gets a little "E" next to it when you hit play. The song tiltles just scroll by really fast and only unplugging the battery will shut the Rio off. When I turn it off, same thing. I have formatted the internal and external memory using RioPort and have even loaded the 2.15 version. Still nothing.

When I was loading my Rio, I only loaded songs on the External 128M card. I suspect that may have had something to do with it. I have loaded various songs and they all show the same 12:15 time stamp. Also, when I go into the settings the following options are "ghosted" that is they seem to display every other pixel:

Track Name; Track Nmbr; Album Name; Artist Name

I can change the options on these but they just appear lighter than the other settings.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to reset other than burning the firmware?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

You uploaded the files with Sveta, I have heard of this using Rio Audio Manager or RioOne, but never with Sveta.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fast_elder
      • Dec 2002

Thanks for the answer. I can't get Sveta working on my XP machine. I think most of my problems are with XP Pro that I use at work. I formatted the internal memory using RealPlayer on my 98SE box at home and now its working OK. I guess I'll just have to give up on the XP machine with my Rio. It seems all my problems start there.

Comment

• Shocktaught

Forget Real One and RioPort. Apparently it does not interpret some ID3 tags and will skip over the tracks. Sveta automatically fixes the ID3 tags and whatnot when it transfers the files. The other programs don't do this. So I went ahead and dropped the $19 on PowerPack when the evaluation period ended.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There is a new Rio 500 driver in 'Beta' section of this forum (Sveta Folders message), this has improved detection support in Windows XP, give it a try.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fast_elder
            • Dec 2002

Rio500 Time Stamp

Thanks, I did some searching and I got a new dll file that stopped the problem. I think you referred to it in another forum. Anyway, I may still give the driver a try because I would like to try the Sveta software.

Comment

• fast_elder
              • Dec 2002

Rio500 Time Stamp

Spoon,

I tried the beta version, but I still cannot get it to recognize the Rio500 memory (It shows 0K internal). when I try to load the Rio it says it is not connected. This is not surprising since the (USB) comm is not showing on the device. Real player still works, so I'm OK for now, It's just agravating to use. It wants do do so much more for me than I want it to. I run RealPlayer "offline" just to keep all the junk from popping up.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Oh well...We tried
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>