title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Explorer (dMC extensions?) hang with some audio files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spook
    • Feb 2008

Explorer (dMC extensions?) hang with some audio files

I have all the explorer options turned on except 'pop-ups' and 'batch' in reference R12.4.

I am not sure if it's bad tagging technique or what.

I made a lossless .wv file using CD-DA Extrator which contains album art.
    Did the same using Ripfactory - Rip Station Micro.

First, the album art image, although embeded in the CD-DA .wv file, will not show in the dMC audio properties despite being listed on the 'Contains' line.

Pressing [OK] results in a not responding message for explorer.exe

With the RS Micro .wv files they seem to embed the image in a custom tag which I guess is some sort of propriatary approach. Explorer doesn't regress into a 'not responding' state but is clearly bogged down with the <graphic_front_cover> tag holding the images' HEX data.

Since I have not done other formats thus far, I am also unsure if this is isolated to WavePack.

Unless there is a bug with dMC explorer it would be nice if it could recognize and discard bad tag implementations that make it choke.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Explorer (dMC extensions?) hang with some audio files

If you can send the 2 files (in seperate emails) to:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spook
      • Feb 2008

Re: Explorer (dMC extensions?) hang with some audio files

Sent. Note that I was mistaken on the Ripstation Micro slightly -- was ripped to FLAC then I used dMC to make a WavePack from the FLAC. Despite that the same behaviour is present with either the RS Micro FLAC or the dMC .wv output from the FLAC.

Comment

Working...

]]>