title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

error installing m4b codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeBlackk
    • Feb 2008

error installing m4b codec

When I run http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs-new...4b-encoder.exe
    I get a crash, saying "Error whilst running 'dBConfig.exe'"

I have tried installing to the default dB folder as well as others, with the same result. :(
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: error installing m4b codec

What version of dMC are you running? See "Need to find your version?" below.
    It sounds like you are running dMC r11.5 or order, so you need to go into Legacy Codec Central. The link is at the top of the main Codec Central.

Comment

• JoeBlackk
      • Feb 2008

No, I'm using 12.4 and I have registered it to full version. Do I need to get the 13 alpha to convert audio books or something?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

No, the codc should work fine on dMC r12.4. You installed the codec to the same folder as dMC, right?

Comment

• JoeBlackk
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LtData
          No, the codc should work fine on dMC r12.4. You installed the codec to the same folder as dMC, right?
          Nevermind, the install program was adding an extra "\dBpoweramp\" onto the folder I selected for the installation. It looks like the absense of a "...\dBpoweramp\dBpoweramp" installation directory was causing the crash.

The install prog should be fixed imo. Unless of course, you expect users to point to Program Files instead of where you Actually want it installed. -.-
          Last edited by JoeBlackk; February 26, 2008, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>