title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Random track order

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattlewis
    • Feb 2008

Random track order

When I convert from CD-Audio files to Mp3 (320k) the order of the tracks are different from the original CD. After I burn the CD, I play the CD in my CD player or pc and the tracks appear in a random order to the original CD. Can someone help me with this please.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Random track order

What is going on is that your convrted files are being stored in a file structure such as (Album)/(Artist)/(Track) or (Artist)/(Album)/(Track). Either structure will result in tracks being listed in alphabetical order in the folder in which they are stored.
    To correct this, you can instead use your ripping (and burning) software to designate a folder structure such as (Album)/Artist)/(Track #xx) (Track). This structure will instruct the ripping (or burning) program to list tracks in the order they appear in the original CD.
    Please note that you need to pay attention to this both in your original rip and also in your burning program.
    I hope this helps. If not, please tell us what burning program you are using, what version of Music Converter you are using for ripping, and where you are running into problems with these instructions.
    Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>