title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC -> AAC also generates a 0 byte m4a file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldschool
    • Jan 2008

FLAC -> AAC also generates a 0 byte m4a file

When converting from FLAC to AAC using 'm4a (AAC) Nero', Release 7, I also sometimes get a 0 bytes m4a file with the same name as the last track or the track before it.

The most annoying thing is that this file is often undeletable! Even after restart and moving the folder to a different location, it always stays in the folder and regenerates itself when deleted!

Any clues?
  • oldschool
    • Jan 2008

Re: FLAC -> AAC also generates a 0 byte m4a file

I figured it probably has something to do with my tagging software (Mp3tag). I loaded the whole folder in Mp3tag, deleted the wrong file from inside the program and then deleted it from the folder and closed the program.
    It worked, that annoying 0 bytes file was gone and didn't regenerate this time!

Comment

• matt_t
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2008

Re: FLAC -> AAC also generates a 0 byte m4a file

See this thread:

Hi all, newbie here. Must say I am very impressed with this software (enough to remove the padlock from my wallet!) and also the forum. Don't know if this has been mentioned before - can't find it if it has, so: Have been playing around with AAC and various other formats. After converting to .m4a, with Output Location set

for something very similar. I'm not using any software other than dMC, so maybe the tag software has nothing to do with it?

Comment

Working...

]]>