title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

when i try to convert mpeg to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blaze69
    • Jan 2008

when i try to convert mpeg to mp3

hi

i need some help when i try to convert mpeg files to mp3 it says "support type audio'.mpeg' might be obtained at codec central visit codec central now.......

So i go on here but i can't find it so please maybe there is a problem and if there is can you help me or can you just help me find this codec like a link to it please.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: when i try to convert mpeg to mp3

mpeg is often used for video files. If this is a video or audio-video file it cannot be converted by dBpoweramp Music Converter (dMC).

To confirm whether it can be read by dMC, try running a test conversion on the file (this is done just like the conversion to .mp3 except that where you select .mp3 for your output format you select Test Conversion). This will not create an output file but it will tell you very quickly whether dMC can read the file or not.

So try that. If the test conversion fails it means that the file cannot be read by dMC (it may contain video information, it might be corrupt). If the test conversion does work, tell us what settings (channels, bitrate, frequency) you are using for your .mp3 file and what the coresponding settings are on your .mpeg file.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>