title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RIP Does Nothing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brizeka
    • Jan 2008

RIP Does Nothing

I was attempting to RIP a CD via dBpowerAMP Music Converter, but after setting up the rip and selecting the RIP button, nothing happens. The conversion is from .cda to .mp3. I know I have used the application successfully in the past, but it no longer works.

Additionally, I have tried dMC Audio CD Input and dMC Auxillary Input... with the same results. The Sounds and Audio seem to be setup properly, i.e. CD Player is not muted and the volume is up. There is one thing I noticed along the way (though I do not remember where) that may not be related to this errant behavior, the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service is unable to be started.

Please help if you can. Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: RIP Does Nothing

Try the latest verson R12, ripping is now called CD Ripper.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brizeka
      • Jan 2008

Re: RIP Does Nothing

Sorry... I figured it out. When the app worked in the past I was logged in as Administrator and have since added a new non-admin user. Apparently this was the issue because after logging into the Administrator account the app worked. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• RichardK
        • Jan 2008

cannot download

I downloaded dbPowerAMP, but when I try to install it, I get the following error message:

Error whilst running 'C:\ProgramFiles\Illustrate\dbpoweramp\dbConfig'

This is on a Vista system -- might that be part of the problem?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Re: cannot download

What is the name of the executable you are installing?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>