title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

metadata from AMC (multiple artists) and last.fm

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urlwolf
    • Apr 2007

metadata from AMC (multiple artists) and last.fm

dbpoweramp gets metadata from AMC (multiple artists). When doing classical, this means the main artist is the performer, not the composer. This is a big problem when looking at last.fm submissions. I get lots of london symphonic orchestra submissions, when I have been playing lots of well-known classical composers. I want the plugin to submit the artist that matters (composer in this case, which happens to never be the one AMG uses as the first entry in the multiple artist field).

This makes AMG worthless for me, which is a pity since it's the best source available otherwise.

Any workarounds? Maybe you can talk to the last.fm people to set composer as artist? Since you guys are basically setting the standing in tagging from CDs (well, AMG is, but through you), it'd be lovely if last.fm listened to you...

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: metadata from AMC (multiple artists) and last.fm

Use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect and map the tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

R13 will also offer GD3 support and GD3 claims to have better classical tagging, but you will have to confirm that yourself.

Comment

• urlwolf
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
        Use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect and map the tags.
        The problem is that AMG is not very consistent. Sometimes the conductor is the first artist value; sometimes it's the performer, and some other times it's the composer.

Plus, of you use freedb, then you would have to switch back to a different mapping profile... too much work. Almost as much as doing the checking manually.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>