title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CLI encoder with TAK

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flepp_w
    • Oct 2007

CLI encoder with TAK

Hi

I am just doing some tests with TAK encoding but unfotunatly the Takc.exe (1.0.2) isn't working with the CLI encoder.

The problem is that CLI uses short filnames for [INFILE] & [OUTFILE] and Takc.exe won't find the file for converting. The result is a 0 byte tak file.

Is there any workaround to configure DMC so that these filenames are transmitted correctly to the encoder ?

Here is the debug output of DMC

->-> [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Converting to 'E:\Audio Files\01 - The Wizard.tak' encoder settings ' -cli_encoder="E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe" -cli_cmd="-e -p2 -overwrite [infile] [outfile]" -nodbtag -hi_quality'
    Using Encoder 'E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe'
    Command Line '-e -p2 -overwrite E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~2.WAV E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~1.TAK'
    Input Wave Format:Format Tag: 1 Channels: 2 Bits per Sample: 16 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 176400 Block Align: 4 CB Size: 0
    Output Wave Format:Format Tag: 1 Channels: 2 Bits per Sample: 16 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 176400 Block Align: 4 CB Size: 0
    Passing Wave Header: Yes
    Using StdInput Pipe: No
    dBpoweramp Writing Tags: No
    <-<- [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Communicate [clDecoder::Get]
    Communicate [clEncoder::Get]
    Encoding To: CLI Encoder Tak
    Encoder Cmd Line: -cli_encoder="E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe" -cli_cmd="-e -p2 -overwrite [infile] [outfile]" -nodbtag -hi_quality
    ============= CONVERSION BEGIN =============
    ============= CONVERSION END =============

kind regards

flepp_w
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: CLI encoder with TAK

Just a couple of comments:

1. I'd work both sides of this issue - yes, request long filename support from spoon, but also request short filename support from the TAK guy. I suspect that spoon went this direction to avoid some complications due to multi-byte character set filenames and the fact that a lot of CLI codecs don't handle them well, so it's probably a good idea to press the TAK guy to allow for short names.

2. For spoon - I take it dbpoweramp isn't compatible with NTFS filesystems on machines where windows has been told to stop creating/updating short file names? This is done through a registry key modification on some systems for performance (and sometimes security) reasons (HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem - NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation).

-brendan
    Last edited by bhoar; December 03, 2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• flepp_w
      • Oct 2007

Hi

I must add some corrections to my first post.

I manually did a conversion using short filenames with takc.exe and it worked. So the debug information was misleading me in a wrong direction. Sorry for that.
      Unfortunatly the debug info does not show me any errors of any kind. So i presume the CLI encoder exits the process prematurely suppoing the conversion was done correctly.

Here is the rest of the debug info.

Encoder Cmd Line: -cli_encoder="E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe" -cli_cmd="-e -p2 -overwrite [infile] [outfile]" -nodbtag -hi_quality
      ============= CONVERSION BEGIN =============
      ============= CONVERSION END =============
      ->-> [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
      ->-> [clDecoder::Close]
      ->-> [clWaveDecoder::Close]
      <-<- [clWaveDecoder::Close]
      <-<- [clDecoder::Close]
      ->-> [clEncoder::EndConversion]
      Running program after conversion 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\CLI Encoder Tak\' Command Line:
      Program completed
      <-<- [clEncoder::EndConversion]
      Conversion completed in 1 seconds x390 realtime encoding

flepp_w

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We use short filenames because it allows unicode conversions, the % of people who would not able to convert because a file is unicode is many times higher than those who manually set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation.

Not sure why tak is not working, you have tried the command line manually?:

-e -p2 -overwrite E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~2.WAV E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~1.TAK
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Does Tak not allow stdinput?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flepp_w
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            Not sure why tak is not working, you have tried the command line manually?:

-e -p2 -overwrite E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~2.WAV E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~1.TAK
            Yes i have tried this , but not with "01-THE~2.WAV" because it is referring to the tmp file which doesn't exist anymore when CLI encoder exists. So i used "01-THE~1.wav" which is the original wav file.
            I tried following:
            "takc -e -p2 -overwrite E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~1.WAV E:\AUDIOF~1\01-THE~1.TAK" and the conversion runs just fine.
            The restriction is that the converted file will have the short name "01-THE~1.TAK" and not the original long name which is "01 - The Wizard.wav"
            With Takc.exe you may also omit the outfile parameter where the CLI encoder doesn't allow it, and the result will be exactly the same.

flepp_w

Comment

• flepp_w
              • Oct 2007

Hi
              Sorry to come back so quickly but i found that TAKC was generating a DR.Watson log when used with DMC ,i didn't see this before because i disabled error reporting.

Here is part of the log:

Microsoft (R) DrWtsn32
              Copyright (C) 1985-2002 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Application exception occurred:
              App: E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe (pid=3068)
              When: 03/12/2007 @ 17:33:03.270
              Exception number: c00000fd (stack overflow)

*----> Stack Back Trace <----*
              *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe
              *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for E:\Audio Files\Takc.exe
              *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -
              ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child
              WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
              00033098 00404300 000330a8 7c828752 00033184 kernel32!GetTickCount+0x52

================================================

If you want me to post the whole log just let me know.

flepp_w

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The crash log is only helpful to the tak developers.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flepp_w
                  • Oct 2007

fyi

Latest TAK beta 1.0.3 release solved the problem.

kind regards

Comment

Working...

]]>