title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wrong meta from cache

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maeda
    • Nov 2007

Wrong meta from cache

Hi, first, thank you for outstanding work in this software
    Have one question, first time that happened
    I put my cd and got a meta result from a cd that i already ripped long ago
    Only thing in common is that both are in one, continuous, un-indexed track.
    I looked in my meta settings and found out that freedb haven't got that cd in database, but dbpoweramp fetched the info from the local cache.

Can someone explain a bit more how that could happen, and what is the proper action, to write meta manually and send to freedb?

thank you
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Wrong meta from cache

CDs with a single track are more prone to be mis-identified as another CD, as there is less data to work with in regards to determining the CD.

What is the CD and what is the CD it was identified as?

As for submitting your CD, after you manually correct the meta-data, click the arrow beside the Meta button, pick "Submit To" and then pick freedb.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If it came from local cache, you could try freedb, select the meta drop menu >> retrieve from >> AMG or freedb
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maeda
        • Nov 2007

LtDada, the cd i riped and it turned from cache is Machinefabriek With Anne Bakker & Greg Haines - Koploop

The cd i'm trying to rip is Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4 25th Anniversary Release

Spoon, if i turn cache off, retrieve from freedb is not getting info, so my guess was that it's not in dadatbase
        Might be that single tracks on both albums caused dBpoweramp to send wrong info

I have a lot of obscure cds to rip, so i might get used to - not in accuraterip or freedb i guess?
        thank you for the answers

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Single track discs are much much (much) more likely to experience ID hash collisions (multiple matches) than your average 12 track disc. It's inherent in the freedb/cddb disc ID calculation. In addition, there are some other algorithmic issues that cause collisions to happen much more often than they should for the hash length used.

It's not clear to me if AMG also has this issue, but then again, AMG is probably less likely to have really obscure discs of this type.

-brendan

Comment

• maeda
            • Nov 2007

tnx brendan, althou Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4 is not such a obscure release, that is why i was surprised, and yes i don't find amg useful for my needs.
            My main reference is dicogs but all taging software i've tried had issues with retrieveing from it.
            So i end up adding manually fields i need..

Comment

• maeda
              • Nov 2007

me again
              Just out of curiosity, i installed eac, and put my Manuel Goettsching E2-E4 album in, and choose freedb to get cd info.
              I got several matches of that album, and one from 2007 reissue for witch i think is exact match.
              Than i did the same with dBpoweramp, and no matches, any thoughts?
              Does dBpoweramp have some other method of retrieving fro freedb than eac?

thx

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

You selected retrieve from >> freedb and nothing showed?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maeda
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                  You selected retrieve from >> freedb and nothing showed?
                  yes spoon, several times
                  I'll try it again to make sure it wasn't some glitch

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Disable AMG (uncheck it) and try a handfull of cds, does anything comeback from freedb?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maeda
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                      Disable AMG (uncheck it) and try a handfull of cds, does anything comeback from freedb?
                      Today i tested 10 cds with both dbpoweramp and eac (freedb only) and they all came fine.
                      Only this particular cd is not getting any info from freedb (through dbpoweramp) and i suspect it may be cause there are few releases of the same album (eac shows 4 to choose from) and it's one un-indexed track.
                      Anyway it's not much of a problem really, more like a feedback

regards

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

freedb was having big problems the last week or so, retry that cd if you can.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by bhoar
                          Single track discs are much much (much) more likely to experience ID hash collisions (multiple matches) than your average 12 track disc. It's inherent in the freedb/cddb disc ID calculation. In addition, there are some other algorithmic issues that cause collisions to happen much more often than they should for the hash length used.

It's not clear to me if AMG also has this issue, but then again, AMG is probably less likely to have really obscure discs of this type.

-brendan
                          This is certainly an area where acoustic fingerprinting may help as a backup system for matching meta data.

Comment

Working...

]]>