title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting shn to wave at 0.0x Encoding Speed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZootHorn
    • Aug 2007

converting shn to wave at 0.0x Encoding Speed?

Hello,

I've just moved over to a new machine (Intel 2.3GHz Dual Core, 2GB, .5TB) and re-installed my registered version of Music Converter. I installed v12.3 and added Codex for Flac and shn to MP3 and Wav. I'm trying to convert shn files to wave and the converter window slowly decreased my speed until it is now 0.0x. Needless to say...this doesn't sound like a success story.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong??

Thanks,

Zoot
  • ZootHorn
    • Aug 2007

Re: converting shn to wave at 0.0x Encoding Speed?

BTW, It does actually start converting. I got 942KB of the wav file before it went down to 0.0 speed.

Also, just tried doing shn to mp3 and the same thing happened. This time it converted 104KB of the mp3 file before it slowed down to 0.0.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

What happens if you do a "Test Conversion" on the file? To do this, pick "Test Conversion" from the drop-down codec list.

Comment

• ZootHorn
        • Aug 2007

pretty much the same thing. Within a minute elapsed it had worked it's way down to .1x Encoding speed and by 2 minutes if dropped to 0x and now it's just sitting there.

Is it just those set of shn files are 'bad' maybe? I just tried a flac file I had in another directory and it converted at 129x...

Thanks.

Comment

• ZootHorn
          • Aug 2007

UPDATE!! I take it all back. Just realized the files were not completely downloaded so they are corrupt.

Thanks for your time...sorry.

Comment

Working...

]]>