title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Set dMC priority to Below Normal = freeze

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • relayerman
    • May 2003

Set dMC priority to Below Normal = freeze

I usually set my dMC (R12.3) priority to Below Normal so that in case I want to do something else like surf the web, or whatever, it doesn't take a long time to do that. The problem is that if I do something else and then come back to just converting (ie. I've stopped doing my other tasks) dMC onverter hangs. The encoder speed goes down, the times are still functioning, but my remaining time just goes up and the conversion gets stuck.

I am converting FLAC files to WAV. This only seems to happen in the Below Normal priority. In other words, it never seems to pick up steam and finish the conversion. I am converting several files in a 'batch'.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Set dMC priority to Below Normal = freeze

CPU usage is 0%? when stuck?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• relayerman
      • May 2003

Re: Set dMC priority to Below Normal = freeze

No. Actually CPU usage is around 4% and I have no trouble doing anything else. I can't get DMC to Cancel at this point either. It says 'cancelling', but I waited for a whole minute and finally had to go into task manager and kill it and CoreConverter.

I brought DMC back up and set priority to Normal and tried doing other tasks while converting and no problem with the conversion continuing.

I'm running a 2ghz machine with 2gig of RAM and the usual anti-virus and firewall and assorted services. Nothing else major running on my system. Most of the time my CPU is at 2% unless I do something major like sound or video editing. Running dBPoweramp R12.3.

Comment

Working...

]]>