title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

spoken word and music help please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephenj
    • Oct 2007

spoken word and music help please.

I have just started using your music converter.

I create spoken word hypnosis audio sessions which until now we have put on CD but we are now wanting to put them on our website for download (note we do not need them to be streamed just downloaded).

I have been able to take a 100mb (approx 10 minutes) session and compressed it down to about 1mb using the settings below which is brilliant as the words are still clear and effective BUT my only problem is I use a small section of classical music at the beginning and end (about 20 seconds each) to open and close and this sounds pretty crap.
    I understand I have done some pretty serious compression (or whatever it is I have done) so my question is
    Is there any way I can reduce the file from approx 100mb down to target 5mb or less and still retain a useable version of the classical music bits (they are laid down under my voice)?

Thanks and thanks for this great product

Here are the setting I did to get from 100 to 1mb

Target Qual VBR slider set to lowest at -V9 (est BR 70bps)
    encoding = normal
    Advanced Button I set frequency to = 24kHz
    (I don't want to normalize as the sound level gets put too high and distorts)

Stephen

P.S. If you want to have a listen to see what I mean I have posted it on my site at
    Last edited by stephenj; October 23, 2007, 08:30 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: spoken word and music help please.

If you have Reference, then in dBpoweramp Configuration switch on the Professional Frequency conversion, it will make a difference.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stephenj
      • Oct 2007

Can you advise what Reference is and where I find or buy it?
      Thanks
      Stephen

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It is a more-advanced version of dMC: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-reference.htm
        To compare Reference to the normal PowerPack and free versions: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

Comment

Working...

]]>