title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art - AMG

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taris
    • Oct 2007

Album Art - AMG

When I first installed 12.3 ref, I was getting album art from cd Ripper. Then I wanted to use
    the auxillary input, so I installed r11.5 in a different directory. I couldn't get aux input to work (no big deal), so I uninstalled r11.5. Then I reinstalled 12.3 ref. Now when I use cd ripper, I do not get album art.

I checked the Meta tab, and all music guide is checked. It seems to be only accessing freedb, because when I uncheck freedb, I do not even get track info (which I should be able to get from amg?).

I read through forum posts, but could not find anything, except maybe the multiple encoding, which I don't know how to disable (if it is on).

Thanks

(Also, in the configuration it says my AMG subscription has 18 days left, I assume it will be updated to the year subscription?)
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Album Art - AMG

When you installed 11.5 did you uninstall the 12.3 version?

Not sure why the AMG subscription says only 18 days left unless the re-installing of 12.3 has screwed something up. Did you remember to install the registered version of 12.3 Ref?

Comment

• taris
      • Oct 2007

No I did not uninstall 12.3 when I installed 11.5, but when I uninstalled 11.5, my only shortcut was the start menu and windows took out the cd ripper, so I reinstalled my registered version of 12.3. Now when I look at the configuration it is 12.3 registered. I have since completely uninstalled and reinstalled 12.3 to double check myself.

It seems the AMG function is not working at all. When I uncheck everything except AMG I get no info.

I know I can manually put the art in the directory as folder.jpg, it was just a nice convenience to have it done at the same time.

Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If your AMG says it has 18 days left, then after 18 days it will quit working. AMG access is handled by a separate installer than the normal dMC installer. Did you reinstall the AMG access .exe?

Comment

• taris
          • Oct 2007

I just purchased a new AMG subscription and installed it. Now the dMC configuration says I have 364 days remaining, but cd Ripper doesn't seem to be accessing AMG.

Freedb is working fine, I get the track titles and other things (no art). But it doesn't retrieve any info from AMG. When I disable freedb, I get nothing.

I really hope it's not something stupid on my part, but it probably is.

Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

What security software are you running?

Comment

• taris
              • Oct 2007

Bit Defender 2008. I checked the settings and next to cdgrab.exe it says "Allow"

I also tried running the ripper with bit defender not running. I still didn't get anything from AMG.

Also, when I first installed 12.3, it was working fine.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

So Bit Defender is the only security software you are running? No other firewalls or anti-virus?

Comment

• taris
                  • Oct 2007

Arghhh!!! I looked further into Bit Defender and realised that about 3 or 4 days ago I enabled parental control. So I disabled it and now AMG is working fine. It is strange because I had no problem going to AMG through my web browser.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Good to know, adding to the FAQ.

Comment

Working...

]]>