title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Having a lot of errors when converting .flac to .mp3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • todd1010
    • Nov 2005

Having a lot of errors when converting .flac to .mp3?

Here is just a copy of the errors I just received after trying to convert a .flac to .mp3 CD. I've been getting these quite ofter when converting these files, almost everytime but cannot quite remember.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or what. I changed the encoding to "normal" instead of "high quality" but this is what I got once that was changed.

So if anyone can help me diagnose and prevent this then I'd be pretty happy!

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\01 - THESE ARE DAYS.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\01 - THESE ARE DAYS.mp3'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\01 - THESE ARE DAYS.FLAC'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\02 - EAT FOR TWO.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\02 - EAT FOR TWO.mp3'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\02 - EAT FOR TWO.FLAC'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\03 - CANDY EVERYBODY WANTS.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\03 - CANDY EVERYBODY WANTS.mp3'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\03 - CANDY EVERYBODY WANTS.FLAC'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\05 - DON'T TALK.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\05 - DON'T TALK.mp3'
    Lame Encoder: Error Converting from 'Format Tag: 1 Channels: 0 Bits per Sample: 0 Samples Per Second: 0 Bytes Per Second: 1 Block Align: 1 CB Size: 0' to 'Format Tag: 1 Channels: 0 Bits per Sample: 0 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 0 Block Align: 0 CB Size: 0'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\06 - HEY JACK KEROUAC.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\06 - HEY JACK KEROUAC.mp3'
    Lame Encoder: Error Converting from 'Format Tag: 1 Channels: 0 Bits per Sample: 0 Samples Per Second: 0 Bytes Per Second: 1 Block Align: 1 CB Size: 0' to 'Format Tag: 1 Channels: 0 Bits per Sample: 0 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 0 Block Align: 0 CB Size: 0'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\07 - WHAT'S THE MATTER HERE .FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\07 - WHAT'S THE MATTER HERE .mp3'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\07 - WHAT'S THE MATTER HERE .FLAC'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\08 - GOLD RUSH BRIDES.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\08 - GOLD RUSH BRIDES.mp3'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\08 - GOLD RUSH BRIDES.FLAC'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\09 - LIKE THE WEATHER.FLAC' to 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\09 - LIKE THE WEATHER.mp3'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\09 - LIKE THE WEATHER.FLAC'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Todd & Jill\Downloads\music\311\09 - LIKE THE WEATHER.FLAC'
    Last edited by todd1010; October 21, 2007, 04:23 PM.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Having a lot of errors when converting .flac to .mp3?

What software did you use to create these flac files? Which version of dMC are you using to convert them to mp3?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>Channels: 0

Some of the flac files seem corrupted, try using official flac deocder to check.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• todd1010
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Wayne
        What software did you use to create these flac files? Which version of dMC are you using to convert them to mp3?

dbpoweramp 12.3

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by todd1010
          dbpoweramp 12.3
          To create or convert?

Comment

Working...

]]>