title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Select based on rating

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lnotwell
    • Oct 2007

Select based on rating

I would like to batch convert only the files in my iTunes library that I have rated 4 stars or better, but can't seem to find a method to select songs based on rating. Am I missing something? Suggestions?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Select based on rating

I think the iTunes ratings are never applied to the files themselves but stored in an iTunes DB, which dMC cannot access.

Comment

• lnotwell
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by LtData
      I think the iTunes ratings are never applied to the files themselves but stored in an iTunes DB, which dMC cannot access.
      I hear what you're saying, but when I look at File\Properties in Windows Explorer, then click on the Audio Properties tab that dMC puts there, "Rating" is listed (though apparently blank). Also, if I "copy to clipboard,", there it is again!

And why does iTunes (and WMP for that matter), make such a big deal about the ability to apply ratings ("My Top Rated"), when the ability to save to a tag (the field of which exists), doesn't exist?

While I haven't been able to get it to work, thus can't disagree with you, it doesn't make sense!

If it did work, it would make life easy to select my favorites, then copy to another location (memory card for PDA, etc.)

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

The "Rating" tag dMC has is unrelated to the Rating in iTunes.
        As for why iTunes and WMP can't save ratings to the files but internally in a non-portable method, you will have to take that up with Apple and Microsoft, respectively.

Comment

Working...

]]>