title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping at maximum volume?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Empgamer
    • Aug 2007

Ripping at maximum volume?

Using Reference and have to say I think it's superb. One query, most music rips fine for SB3 playback in FLAC. Some albums though are noticeably quiet such that the vol on the SB3 needs to be turned up and then rapidly down again as it changes to an album that ripped louder. Two queries:

1) Is there something I can set so that all CDs rip at the same (loudest) volume. I can the adjust down.

2) Is there anything I can do with and CDs that have already ripped. E.g. do I need to re-rip or can I use Music Converter?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping at maximum volume?

Install the DSP effects, there are volume normalize options within.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Empgamer
      • Aug 2007

Will that allow modifying of already ripped albums, or the one or two dreaded files I had to convert from MP3 to FLAC (ps - only did that because I have them in MP3 format, converted from WMA, and am not really bothered about them. Coverted so the SB3 will play native FLAC).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes, convert your flac >> flac with the volume normalize DSP. Note though, if the sb3 plays mp3 you are best keeping the audio as mp3.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Empgamer
          • Aug 2007

Thanks Spoon, why's that? I'll have to look. I know the SB plays FLAC native so there is no need to re-code on the fly and less problems then with wireless networking. I'm not certain it plays MP3 native.

Comment

Working...

]]>