title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Feedback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mel Brando
    • Sep 2007

Feedback

Congratulations Spoon! I am enjoying dbpoweramp reference a lot and here is some feedback for you.

I am a professional pianist and DJ,. I’ve been trying to find a software like dbpoweramp for a long time. Your software produces excellent hi quality MP3s and it is very easy to use, not to mention the importance of AMG for me. I used EAC during some time and I could not retrieve composer tag that is of extreme importance to me. I am also enjoying the accuracy of meta-data from AMG.

At my home studio and together with some friends (musicians, DJs and people from professional recording studios), they also enjoyed dbpoweramp a lot. We decided to explore dbpoweramp a little bit more and so, we made some blind hearing tests.

The blind tests were made to compare Joint-Stereo vs. Stereo always using original store cds to rip. We used Sony MDR-7506 headphones, Yamaha HS50M powered monitor speakers,Gigaport Ag and Razer Barracuda soundcards. The programs used to play were iTunes, Visual DiscoMix and Mixmeister Fusion.

In our first test we encoded using Fraunhofer, 320, Joint Stereo, Hi, and everybody found excellent the MP3 audio quality.

In our second test we encoded using compressed Wave, Mpeg Layer-3, 320 kbits/s, 44100Hz, Stereo, 39Kb/sec and everybody also found excellent the MP3 audio quality and a little bit closer to the cd audio quality. As to me, sometimes I still prefer the joint-stereo mode, according to the genre I am listening to, like Jazz, House, Dance, Classical music etc Well, sound is very subjective as you know very well.

We observed two things:

1-In compressed wave settings, for example, I was not able to save the file as .MP3, in order to have the ID3vtag saved in the song head and get AMG support.

2- When converting and using Compressed Wave, dbpoweramp was not using multiprocessing (2 CPUs at the same time).

Regards,

Mel Brando
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Feedback

To save as .mp3, do not select Wave as the compression, but rather mp3 (Lame).

Wave will not use multi-cpu because mainly it is used for uncompressed and 2 cpus would slow it down.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mel Brando
      • Sep 2007

Re: Feedback

Originally posted by Spoon
      To save as .mp3, do not select Wave as the compression, but rather mp3 (Lame).

Wave will not use multi-cpu because mainly it is used for uncompressed and 2 cpus would slow it down.

Thank you very much for your reply.
      Mel Brando

Comment

Working...

]]>