title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to manually add Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colombus
    • Oct 2007

How to manually add Album Art

How do I manually add Album Art ?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: How to manually add Album Art

If you have a valid PowerPack or Reference registered version or trial, right-click on each file, select "Edit Tag" and then add the album art down in the "Album Art" section.

Comment

• Colombus
      • Oct 2007

I have downloaded the: "dBpoweramp Music Converter R12.3 4.1 MB (includes Free and Power Pack & mp3 encoder trial versions)".

However it seems like I do not have the PowerPack (or I can not find it). I did check the PowerPack option during install so it sould be there ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Right click on an audio file and select 'Edit Tag'

the power pack has a trial, you cna check your trial status in dBpoweramp Configuration.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

If you don't see "Edit Tag" when you right-click on an audio file, make sure you have the codec for that file type installed into dMC. Additionally, you may need to check dBpoweramp Configuration (see Need to find your version below) under the Music Converter tab to make sure the box to enable "Edit Tag" in the context menu is enabled.

Comment

• Reaperman
            • Oct 2007

Hi,

I just downloaded the R12.3 Reference trial version, and I do like it a lot - with the exception of adding album art. I typically have a whole album (10-15 files) I need to add the same cover art to, and with the current implementation this is a pain as I have to add the cover to each file.
            I'll still buy the program, but I'd like to know if there's any plan to add a feature where you can add album art to multiple files at once...is this the right forum for this, or is there an internal support forum where I can submit RFFs once I have registered my copy of dbpoweramp?

Regards,
            Rolf

Comment

• coltrane
              • Oct 2007

I agree with Reaperman; the program is great and Spoon is very helpful (witness his response to my query re ripping to a NAS drive) but adding album art individually to each track is a pain especially as I seem to possess a lot of obscure jazz cd's.

Would it be possible to add album art at the ripping stage rather than post ripping?

Comment

• Wayne
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Aug 2002

See posting http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=14775 for answer on how to add the same album art (folder.jpg) to multiple files post ripping.

I know that the r13 version has better album art handling but what they are exactly only Spoon (or those testing the alha release) can tell us.

Comment

• coltrane
                  • Oct 2007

Thanks Wayne (and Spoon) used the codec as above and low and behold imported album art in one move. Nice one!

Comment

• Reaperman
                    • Oct 2007

Hi Wayne,

thanks for pointing me to this plugin - works perfectly!

Boy, I only discovered the program this morning, but I already love it! The integration of all those functions makes things so much easier than before...I'm running out of CD space for the umpteenth time, and have realized that I'll continue running into this problem unless I take drastic measures.

So I'm planning to put everything as FLAC on NAS and put my CDs into suitcases or boxes instead of CD racks...and converting the CDs to FLAC is going to be soooo much simpler than I could reasonably hope for :D

BTW - I'll probably use T+A's newest 'toy' as front end - they call it the Music-Player (Tuner, CD-Player, UPNP/AV compatible streaming client with integrated wireless antenna, all in one box...sweet) as Slim's Transporter IMHO is kinda ugly and Linn's Klimax just a tiiiiiny bit out of my reach - has anyone additional ('high-end') suggestions?

Rolf

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

If you plan to convert to FLAC, I recommend the beta "Local Encode" utility to speed up converting to network drives: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=14731

Comment

• htbyron
                        • Oct 2007

I'm trying to figure out how to add album art manually at the CD-rip stage using dbpowerAMP reference (registered). If the AMG & freedb databases don't have the album art, but I find it elsewhere and download it, I can't figure out how to add it to the metadata being written to the files as the CD rips. Any tips? Am I not looking in the right place? Seems like there should be an "Add album art" button right where the album art box is on the lower right, but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Manually adding of album art will appear in R13 (for CD Ripper), it is not possible in R12.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• htbyron
                            • Oct 2007

Great -- I'll look forward to that (any idea on how far away it is from public release?). Here's hoping it will be an included upgrade.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

R13 is currently in alpha test...just that option has not been added yet, soa month or two.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>