title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wont save profiles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naturedude
    • Sep 2007

Wont save profiles

I have the latest pro versions....when I try to save a profile it looks OK, but its lost next time I use the program. A lot of extra work... What's up?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Wont save profiles

Are you using PowerPack or Reference? What version of dMC are you using?
    What version of Windows are you using? Are you running as an Administrator or limited user?

Comment

• naturedude
      • Sep 2007

Reference. 12.3 (and the versions should be on the apps....) Vista Ultimate. I'm an Admin.

Originally posted by LtData
      Are you using PowerPack or Reference? What version of dMC are you using?
      What version of Windows are you using? Are you running as an Administrator or limited user?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Profiles are saved in the Registry, dBpoweramp must be able to write to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• naturedude
          • Sep 2007

OK...and how does one insure that? I'm a program user...its not typical for one to have to arrange whether an application can write here or there. Please explain.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Start --> Run --> regedit
            Expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" then expand "Software"
            Right-click on Illustrate and go to Permissions. Click on the Advanced button, make sure your username and "Administrators" say Full Control, then check the "Replace permissions on child objects...". Click OK, then click "Yes", click OK on the permissions window, then close the registry editor and try your profiles again.

Comment

• naturedude
              • Sep 2007

Let me get this straight... Due to a problem I am having with a standard feature in this application, it is suggested that I change the permissions on the entire HKCU/Software branch of the Windows registry?

I'm not having any other problems on this PC. Should not dbPoweramp be managing access to the registry keys it needs? And if something went wrong, should one not be radically more specific in editing keys?

This does not strike me as sound advice.

Originally posted by LtData
              Start --> Run --> regedit
              Expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" then expand "Software"
              Right-click on Illustrate and go to Permissions. Click on the Advanced button, make sure your username and "Administrators" say Full Control, then check the "Replace permissions on child objects...". Click OK, then click "Yes", click OK on the permissions window, then close the registry editor and try your profiles again.

Comment

• bhoar
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2006

Did you consider posting a Thank You before criticizing the help of a person trying to help you?

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

LTdata said right click on Illustrate, so you would only be changing illustrate, buy default any program should be able to write to software\illustrate, no security risk.

dBpoweramp would be managing those keys correctly, however your first post suggests that it cannot write to software\illustrate
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• naturedude
                    • Sep 2007

That makes sense...let me give it a shot. Didnt see a ref to one app...my bad!

Originally posted by Spoon
                    LTdata said right click on Illustrate, so you would only be changing illustrate, buy default any program should be able to write to software\illustrate, no security risk.

dBpoweramp would be managing those keys correctly, however your first post suggests that it cannot write to software\illustrate

Comment

• naturedude
                      • Sep 2007

I reserve the right to make note of advice that I think is very bad. That being said, it was my clearly mistake in misreading. I didn't recognize the word "illustrate" as a software key on quick reading and it looked as though the entire branch was meant. I've been so frustrated by endless maintenance of bad software and lack of accountability in recent months that I clearly overreacted.

My apologies to the poster, and thank you. To Brendan as well for my offense. Also, the recommended fix did solve the problem.

:cry:

ND

Originally posted by bhoar
                      Did you consider posting a Thank You before criticizing the help of a person trying to help you?

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

Thank you for following up on the solution working. And a bit of an apology for the abrasiveness of my own comment.

-brendan

Comment

• naturedude
                          • Sep 2007

None needed, I had it coming. But spoken like a gentleman!

Originally posted by bhoar
                          Thank you for following up on the solution working. And a bit of an apology for the abrasiveness of my own comment.

-brendan

Comment

• naturedude
                            • Sep 2007

I spoke to soon. Was about to rip today and found I still have the same problem. Is it possible that Windows Washer wipes out the profile?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Something is doing so.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>