title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Absolute beginner needs help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txrangerman
    • Sep 2007

Absolute beginner needs help!

For my job, I need to be able to convert MP3 audio files to a WMA file. I downloaded the dpPoweramp software and the codec and attempted to convert a file — and I think I actually did. But the file is too big (I think) for what I'm trying to do. It's about 13.9 meg at the moment.

I really don't have any idea what I'm doing here so I need some help. First, is there a reference somewhere that would walk me through, step by step, how to convert MP3 to WMA — and do it correctly? I don't mind being talked down to, either, as long as it helps me get it right.

Second, I need to know how to compress the file so I can upload it to my company's site.

Help!
  • Magnus_CA
    • Sep 2007

Re: Absolute beginner needs help!

It's not unusual that the file would be so big going from a lossy compression to a lossless one. I'm not sure you did anything wrong...it just sounds like you don't favor the result.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Absolute beginner needs help!

First, pick the same bitrate when you convert from mp3 to WMA. Also, make sure you are using normal WMA, not WMA Pro, Voice, or Lossless.
      Compressing a file normally means lowering the bitrate, making the file mono, and lowering the frequency a step or two also. Do a listen tests while you do this to determine how much quality you are willing to sacrifice.

Comment

Working...

]]>