title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping to display individual discs under main disc title in library?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Empgamer
    • Aug 2007

Ripping to display individual discs under main disc title in library?

Not sure if this is possible or not but we have quite a few mutli disc sets ripped in FLAC by dBpowerAMP and they are all in our FLAC library.

We now use Media Monkey as our player and for some ripping. Great software. Still to get the hang of setting gapless playback (presume that will do it for all tracks and not just gapless albums in Media Monkey though? In which case we may go back to Foobar).

One thing I have noticed is that upon scanning our library the multi-disc dance CD sets have come into the library under the main album title (e.g. Renaissance Mix Vol 1) and upon selecting that you just get all 45 tracks in the right order in the list section. I'm wondering if there is a tagging convention (or indeed it may just be player settings we have yet to explore) which will allow Disc 1, Disc 2 and Disc 3 to be shown as separate sub-discs to that album in the library under the left hand payne or whether (if indeed it's possible at all) I'll need to either go and rename the folders in the library or use some form of tag editing (in which case I'll likely not bother) to edit the tracks etc so the same things will happen?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ripping to display individual discs under main disc title in library?

So, you are asking about naming schemes for dMC or for MM?

Comment

• Empgamer
      • Aug 2007

DMC. I will be doing 95% of our ripping and will use DMC Reference. When wife/daugther want to do a quick burst mode FLAC rip, until I can re-do it with dmc, I will get them to use MM as I don't want my dmc settings messed up.

Filenamimg being irrelevant for player purposes I'm assuming that MM behaviour with the albums is coming from its reading of the the tags and/or a combination of its music management functionality.

In essence, currently one multi disc compilation album displays in the tree as one album with the tracks of all three discs shown together in the list, one after the other. I am wondering if there is a way to rip (and tag them) so that a player would read them and sisplay them as:

Album xyz
      Disc 1
      Disc 2
      Disc 3

It MAY not be possible and it may actually cause more problems than it solves (e.g. the need to create a playlist then before a multi disc set will play through). I'm just trying to get my head round WHETHER it can be done, should I decide to go that route.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I don't know if the players can do that, you would have to ask the MM people if there is a way to tag the files so they behave like that.

Comment

• Empgamer
          • Aug 2007

I was just concerned that there wasn't something I needed to be setting in DMC at the ripping stage. That said i suppose all the data you might need to do this is assigned to the tag even in the default settings. Just a case of working out how to configure individual players to show what you want i suspect.

Comment

Working...

]]>