title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using IDv2 tags on M4A (AAC) files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasontan6
    • Sep 2007

Using IDv2 tags on M4A (AAC) files?

This is my scenario:
    I have a Sony Ericsson W810. It plays AAC contained in M4A excellently, but the problem is that it doesn't recognise the iTunes tagging format. I used Mp3tag to manually strip off the iTunes tag and tagged it in IDv2, and hey, presto! My phone plays the file and reads the tag.

My question is:
    Is it possible to use dMC to encode M4A files and use the IDv2 tagging format?

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Using IDv2 tags on M4A (AAC) files?

I don't believe it is within spec to write ID3v2 tags to m4a, so this will probably never be supported.

Comment

• jasontan6
      • Sep 2007

Okay, good point. But this seems to be the only probable solution for Sony Ericsson users (who I believe, make up quite a large population of dMC users). If you do a search on what encoder is recommended for Sony Ericsson Walkman phones you will see dMC as the top recommendation in many forums.

So, perhaps an option to write tags in other formats (such as ID3v2) to M4A files could be implemented in the future? I mean there currently isn't a "standardised" tagging format for M4A, and since ID3v2 is recognised by many players and portable devices, it could be helpful to the majority of users who use M4A/AAC.
      Last edited by jasontan6; October 09, 2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Will add to the wish list for next update.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>