title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I'm having problems installing the flac codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doodmang
    • Sep 2007

I'm having problems installing the flac codec

so I have been trying to no avail to convert Flac to Mp3 and vice versa. It tells me to go download the flac codec, so I do that, install it into the same directory that all the other codecs are in, restart dbpowerAMP but when I go to convert to Flac, it tells me again to download the codec. So im wondering why this is happening and why it isnt recognizing that I'm installing the codec. If theres another thread that already adresses this please just direct me to it. Thanks mangs :komisch12
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: I'm having problems installing the flac codec

What version of dBpowerAmp Music Converter are you using?
    Does your dBpowerAmp configuration show the FLAC codec as being installed?
    If you open the folder dBpowerAMP (for dMC r12 or later) and look inside the decoder folder do you see the Flac.dll file?

If you are using version 11.5 or earlier of dMC, you MUST use the codecs from Legacy Codec Central as the newer codecs in Codec Central will ONLY work with later versions of dMC (r12 or later). You will find a link to Legacy Codec Central at the Codec Central page (tab at the top of this window). Likewise, codecs from Legacy Codec Central will NOT work with dMC r12 or later (even though they do work with dB Audio Player and Sveta, as well as r2 of dB CD Burner and the earlier versions of dMC).

If you are using the right codec for your version of dMC, another possibility is that your codec is being installed to the wrong location. You may need to customize your installation location. If this seems to be your problem, better advice can be given, if needed based on what version of dMC you are using.

You cannot convert to mp3 unless you have an active trial version of dMC or a registered version of dMC. This would not affect your ability to convert FROM mp3 to another format. That being said, trying to convert from mp3 to FLAC is usually not recommended (you won't gain quality but you will use extra disk space).

If none of these ideas help, please let us know and make sure you specify what you have tried and what the results were and any other information that might be helpful.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• doodmang
      • Sep 2007

Re: I'm having problems installing the flac codec

thanks I will give all these things a shot and get back to you, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...

]]>