title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Clicks with APE to m4a conversion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sapnho
    • Sep 2007

Clicks with APE to m4a conversion?

Being mainly a Mac user, I recently converted a number of files from APE to Apple Lossless (m4a) using the MAX conversion software. However, after some listening to music, I noticed quite a few "clicks" in the songs, that weren't there before. I posted on the Max forum and the developer told me that "there is a possibility that this may happen". This of course is not really what you should expect when you convert lossless to lossless.

I am very happy to try out dbpowerAMP in Windows now for the same conversion, but wanted to ask beforehand if any reports regarding this "click" phenomenon have ever come up. Thanks!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Clicks with APE to m4a conversion?

This forum has occasional reports of clicks during ripping or conversion with dBpowerAmp Music Converter (dMC). It seems to me (I am going on recollection only) that nearly always the clicks have been related to configuration or (more rarely) hardware problems not to intrinsic problems with either the program itself or the codecs involved.

If you do encounter this problems, do report it and the folks here will do their best to help you get it fixed.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Clicks with APE to m4a conversion?

dBpoweramp can verify that the ape file decodes 100% without error, if they have the inbedded md5 checksum.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>